Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, version 2009

Good morning and Happy Belated Thanksgiving. We made the trek to Ruidoso for a few days, and while there realized we really need a house. The "cave", formerly known as the hotel, has become too small as winter clothes and sweaters overtake the summer clothes and beach toys. We are learning to live with so little, but even that has made each corner the proverbial closet...
Here are a few shots of what we saw in the yard on this trip...
10 Turkeys. (which made us wonder why we brought a frozen when we could have had fresh off the yard)
We also had a pair of Bucks fighting for territory - they knew we would be bringing leftovers to feed them later that night.


And, then, a zebra ran by...which was so totally strange...

Okay, so maybe that did not happen...but you get the idea. We left a ton of food outside when we went to bed, and suffice it to say, we had only a thank you note from the animals...but they did ask why I was holding out on the pecan pie...
I would be remiss if I did not share another Katie-Anne story. It starts when we first moved to Ruidoso (you need to know the town to appreciate this) and Amy said to the kids at Walmart "you are running around like a bunch of Indians." (totally non-PC in Ruidoso). So, as we drove out, Katie-Anne (or Katie to all of you since it is easier to write on her school papers) started singing her songs...

and it went something like this..."I'm a little Indian, on the go...here are my feathers here is my bow...when I go hunting here me shout, bears and buffalo better watch out." We laughed so hard, and Amy choked on her Diet Coke.
More songs..."I'm a little turkey, my name is Ted. Here are my feathers here is my head. Gobble gobble gobble is what I say, quick run it's Thanksgiving Day."

And, of course, with that, Happy Thanksgiving. Snow coming to - Tucson...pictures to follow.

No comments: