Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thanking God...

... FOR ALL WE HAVE.

Where do I begin...

...The last week or so has been such a blur, at best.

Easter Weekend was a family (our furious 5) weekend. We hung out and had a great time enjoying each other. The Monday after Easter, we went to Alamogordo (big city) for a doctor's appointment, movie and visit to the park. My (Amy's) doctor's appointment was for my knee (seriously again!). It has become the size of a softball a few times, not pretty. And as it turns out, all is fine with my ligaments etc. but I have "arthritis." Seriously! I can't be old enough. However, after several surgeries I have an old knee. Nice. He told me to wear a brace. Seriously? I told the doctor I was going to cry and left the office. I am so vain!

The Hanna Montana Movie was good, the kids loved it and so did Todd and I. It was fun to see a movie with the kids and enjoy it. :-) After the movie, we stopped by the park to let the kids run out some energy. The park was very surreal. I sat and watched the kids run, yell, and play. I was an observer. I had a feeling this might be what Heaven is like. Everyone having the time of their life... forever.

Then last Tuesday, I got a text from a friend, in town, with news her water broke and she was going to the hospital. Yahoo! However, later that night I got a text saying that she had complications; "emergency c-section and the baby was being Medivacced to Albuquerque." My first thought... "NO, NO, NO! This is not suppose to happen!" The text was suppose to be the name of the baby.

The next few days passes as a blur. The family has 2 girls and a little boy, roughly the same ages as our three. Communication via text and email updating everyone on the baby's condition. The community rallied and prayer chains began. 10, 000 people all praying for this baby and his family. Amazing. In less than 2 hours, the community raised over $1200 via text messaging. Small towns do have their advantages.

Chase Allen was 8lbs 11oz and 22 inches long, a perfect angel baby. Many odds against him, still he put up a mighty fight. However, his time on Earth was complete and God took him home.

As this blog comes full circle, I realize how precious every pregnancy and birth are. They are gifts, blessings from God. And only He knows the plans for each one. How blessed I am.

As KA reminds me (daily) "that I am not the boss, God is" I remind her that God has entrusted her protection with me. How fortunate I am, my children perfect in God's. May the time I have with them be as long as possible and I am reminded they are my children on earth but we are all God's children. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I believe- Heaven is full of joy and we are free from pain...

Until next time...

Amy et al

No comments: