'Tis the season...leaves changing colors, a crispness to the air, and college football...Gracie and I are going to El Paso on Saturday to see the 'Horns play UTEP. We are very excited and hope they can put up a score like last night. As for the crispness in the air, sure, not many of you are experiencing this. For us, August 31, and we are enjoying our first fire. Honest...we already had to pull out the logs and light up the fireplace. It is 50 and rain...and that is inside. Here is Amy, Evan and I by the hearth. (Though, that is actually neither Amy, Evan or me...hope you figured that out on your own...we had to use stunt doubles as it has been a while since the fireplace had been used.)
We are enjoying the Labor Day weekend. The plan is to take down a play set down the street and following dis' assembly, move it to 210 Eagle Ridge and try to reassemble on our lot.
It actually looks nothing like this, but I wanted you to feel badly for the work we have to do. It really looks like this...Really, it does not look like that either. I would be embarrassed if I were to build something like that unless it would be used as a trebuchet.It is pretty nice, and looks much more like the one below...promise...
This is also a busy weekend 'round these parts with the horse race. We went through Mid-Town (our downtown area) yesterday and it looked like, well, Phoenix. Then, we made the mistake of going back today and hitting Starbucks. (surprised, to make that sacrifice for a grande non-fat no-whip peppermint mocha with three pumps) We had to to park in the overflow parking, which I presume the named after the overflow from the flood...Once the race is over, the town will be empty, and the locals can stop complaining about the white license plates.So, to go back to the title...are you ready for some football. Once fantasy draft down, one to go. And, for my 'Horns, a huge run to the title in ESPN Fantasy Football...
Happy Labor Day and HELLO September.





No comments:
Post a Comment