While mom is away the children will play...
It has been a year since we (the kiddos and I) have moved to the mountains. Amazing how quickly a year can fly by. Gracie began kindergarten and turned 6, Evan turned 2 and Katie-Anne is, well, Katie-Anne... crazy, spontaneous, lovable and down right stubborn. But Katie-Anne did meet her first little friend Ellison and has blossomed into a gentle soul. Since this past year has been a bit wild with change, I have been feeling the need to get away... ALONE! I have been grouchy and mean lately so Todd suggested that I go to (the Ol' West Texas town of) El Paso for the day... Bless his heart... "if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy..."
Instead I went for a night to Cloudcroft.
Another mountain town that literally is in the clouds. I stayed at the wonderful hotel (I am guessing the only one there), The Lodge. It was built in the late 1890's and has lots of charm and character with only 59 rooms. And I scored an up grade on the room. Thank you! The restaurant is lovely and delicious. I had lunch and dinner there but skipped breakfast. ( I missed the family). As I was driving to the Lodge (about an hour drive) I had big plans to hike, wander the little shops and lay by the pool. Instead, I slept, ate and read a book. I must have need peace and quiet for a whole 24 hours.
As I was getting ready to head home I was overcome by a feeling of peace, contentment and pure joy and have a renewed passion for my life and family. I believe I face times that challenge my life compass. And I have been at the crossroads for a while. Finally I realizing (with Todd's blessing) I needed time away to get back on track. Amazing how 24 hours of prayer, contemplation and living in the moment can get me back on course. Driving home I heard a song that spoke of no guarantees for a tomorrow just the gift of today. How often I need to be reminded of this...
And I know how lucky I am to have a great husband who loves to hang out with the kiddos and allow me a get away. Which gets to me to the picture above....
Another mountain town that literally is in the clouds. I stayed at the wonderful hotel (I am guessing the only one there), The Lodge. It was built in the late 1890's and has lots of charm and character with only 59 rooms. And I scored an up grade on the room. Thank you! The restaurant is lovely and delicious. I had lunch and dinner there but skipped breakfast. ( I missed the family). As I was driving to the Lodge (about an hour drive) I had big plans to hike, wander the little shops and lay by the pool. Instead, I slept, ate and read a book. I must have need peace and quiet for a whole 24 hours.As I was getting ready to head home I was overcome by a feeling of peace, contentment and pure joy and have a renewed passion for my life and family. I believe I face times that challenge my life compass. And I have been at the crossroads for a while. Finally I realizing (with Todd's blessing) I needed time away to get back on track. Amazing how 24 hours of prayer, contemplation and living in the moment can get me back on course. Driving home I heard a song that spoke of no guarantees for a tomorrow just the gift of today. How often I need to be reminded of this...
And I know how lucky I am to have a great husband who loves to hang out with the kiddos and allow me a get away. Which gets to me to the picture above....
While I was away the kids were playing golf while Todd was watching and luckily had a camera and caught K-A as she sneaked a drink of his beer. We have a picture of her at about 7 months sucking on a friends bottle of beer. So if later in life she should have an issue I will know who to blame...
We are still at the pool every day and if you happen to be in town, the hamburgers at Alto still rank tops in our poll.


Something fishy, I know...but try it, you will like it.Oh, and our third bear sighting. And as Barry says in Bee Movie, "I think we all are aware of what they do in the woods."
Have a great week.



No comments:
Post a Comment