Friday, April 3, 2009

Getting hit by...

...the Suburban

Yes, that is correct. Todd got hit in the head by the Suburban on Wednesday afternoon. Yesterday afternoon we took a trip to the ER to make sure his brain wasn't bleeding out.

Wednesday afternoon I got out of the car and heard a hissing sound from the tire... hmmm. The tire was flat within 5 minutes. Todd came home to change the tire. Or so he thought. He got the car jacked up

The school nurse thought his pupils looked funny. So a wife, husband and 3 children were off to visit the ER. A lovely afternoon for the family. I took the kids to McDonald's to get ice cream while Todd got his CAT scan. The kids ate ice cream outside while Todd and I texted back and forth on his status. Luckily for us it is just a concussion. He has been dizzy with headache but good besides that.
Todd has taken over to tell his side, and of course the prop above would have helped me...
I jacked the Suburban up...here is how I will explain the Chevy Suburban jack...you ever hear the story of a needle in a haystack? a speck of dust in space? a suburban car jack?
Anyway...this thing is the size of a toothpick and the suburban is not called a Texas Cadillac for nothing.....and I had it jacked up, and it fell...so, being smart (I said smart, so go with me on this one) I decided to jack it up again...and then stuck my head under the body to look at the spare tire and the bad tire. The jack slipped out again and the 10000000 pound Suburban fell and smacked me square in the top of the head. (at this point everyone asks if I was knocked out, and I say no, as I remember every single cuss word out spouted and each rock I kicked whilst crying out in pain)
Anyway, off to the hospital the next day after lots of double vision, dizzy spells and other clear concussed signs (some might say I am always that way, and they can stop now), and I think it was about a year or so ago I visited the hospital after rolling the Jeep...
So, here is a picture of me at the hospital...
I am the one on the table, of course. I thought it great news he said I had a brain, better news that it was in good shape, and the best news that I could leave the hospital. (at least I got my money's worth this time, as I am sure the CT is worth at least the $100 we owe for the copay)
So, I fixed the tire, the Suburban is again working optimally, and I still have a concussion to show for my efforts...next time, can we say AAA New Mexico?!
For those who have not heard of it, go to www.pandora.com and register for your music...cool.
Happy Weekend, enjoy the coming of Spring, and watch your kids around water. :)

No comments: