Monday, February 9, 2009

The grocery experience...

with Katie-Anne

As most of you know, I go grocery shopping on Monday's without fail. I don't know what it is but I HAVE to go to the grocery on Mondays.

I usually have my two little friends with me which makes the complete experience. If isn't bad enough to spend gobs of money on groceries, by the time I get to the car I have no idea what I have spent our money on.

Each week Katie-Anne asks to buy a different and unusual vegetable. Last week it was radishes. A few weeks ago spears of broccoli. Not that unusual, unless your 4 year old is eating in the store raw. So this week the winner is: Eggplant


As we finished in the produce section Katie-Anne asked to buy the vegetable of the week. Not a staple in our house. Of course, I wouldn't want to deny my children the experience of different vegetables. So we now have an Eggplant at home and are having Eggplant Parmesan with lots of Parmesan cheese. We can't have enough of that!

I will post the verdict from the family.

We are off to swim lessons and session in the hot tub for Evan. Our activity moratorium is off. Soccer starts in a few weeks.

Also, Gracie is 12 Boxes short of her Girl Scout Cookie Goal. Let us know if you want your Girl Scout Cookies:
We ship free of charge.

Until next time...

Blessings et al
Amy

No comments: