Thursday, October 30, 2008

Proclamation

I resolve to be at home more...

Since school began more than 2 months ago, I feel as if our family has been crazy, busy. Yuck!

Monday: Drop Gracie off at school, Starbucks, grocery shopping, home to put the groceries away, lunch, hurry up and eat, load back up to get Gracie from school, home for a snack, load back up for soccer practice, cook dinner, eat dinner, clean up from dinner, bath time, wash hair, brush teeth, homework, read, pray that there isn't too much homework, go to sleep.

Tuesday: Drop Gracie off at school, Starbucks, drop Evan and Katie-Anne off at Mom's Day Out, volunteer at Gracie's school, pick Evan and Katie-Anne up, waste 45 minutes, pick Gracie up from school, home, cook dinner, eat dinner, bath time, brush teeth, homework, read, pray, go to sleep.

Wednesday: Drop Gracie off at school, Starbucks to meet Julie and Cohen, drop Katie-Anne and Evan off for Bible Study, Bible Study, home for lunch, rest, back to school to pick Gracie up, Daisies, soccer practice, Church, home, homework, no stories, just hurry up and go to bed it is late.

Thursday & Friday: pretty much the same. Yes, Starbucks is a constant. 

Saturday & Sunday: soccer games, Texas Football, College football (is there another channel besides ESPN? oh, ESPN2), church, family time, and have fun and relax.

Beds still have to be made, breakfast made, dishes put away, breakfast dishes in the dishwasher, clean up from breakfast. I don't think I have worked out since I was pregnant with Evan. And the house needs to be cleaned at some point. Todd has activities to be at after dinner.... 

Okay, you get the point. I am so done with being busy and feeling out of control. We have chosen for me to stay at home but I don't think I am ever home. 

I hate that I hardly get a chance to make a proper meal for my family more a few times a week. I hate that Gracie is always 5 minutes late to school. I have resolved not to be late anymore. 

So here is my public proclamation:
I am putting a moratorium 
on all new activities for the kids and me 
until I feel like life is back under control.

Now is the time that we have control over our children's activities. In a few short years the kids will be big and we will limited control over the kids schedules. And that is a frightening thought for me.

What is important in life? What will the kids remember? What kind of legacy are we leaving? 
I certainly don't want it to be sitting in the car driving 4o times a day. 

If we aren't so busy and out of control then maybe I won't have to be jacked up on Starbucks half the time.... On second thought..... I like being jacked up!

Until next time.

Blessings,
Amy et al


P.S. Gracie is sick with her allergies, it is that time of year. She didn't go to school today and she really wants to go tomorrow for Popcorn Balls. Priorities, baby!

P.P.S. We will post Halloween pictures this weekend. We have a fairy, a tooth fairy and a dragon. 

No comments: