...NOTHING!
I know I can't be the only one that has days when you just don't want to do anything. We have been busy, busy, busy doing I don't even know what!
So today is a day that we (Katie-Anne, Evan & I) are doing nothing. I had planned to clean my house but that hasn't happened yet. I would rather blog about nothing.
Gracie is coming along well on her reading. We have really made a push this month and it seems to be paying off.
Katie-Anne is stubborn but cute. I have made it my mission for her to learn the alphabet, her name, and numbers by kindergarten. Every time we attempt, I feel, we have taken a step backwards. I have decided I will not PUSH but gently nudge her along. We have been doing silly thing like making up songs spelling her name to help her learn her name. (And what were we thinking giving her two names. Oh, yes... our mothers!) Finally, this morning we (I) had a break-through. We were watching a PBS show and she knew all the letters! She is so stubborn! And I love that about her! I need to learn not to push her rather encourage her. True for all children and, I suppose, all of humanity.
Evan is "Eban Romney" not Evan Garelick! So sweet and adorable. Silly, funny and a boy who would rather spend all his days playing "Atackle" with his complying daddy.
I had been toying with the idea of going back to work next year. With only Evan at home, I thought I would get bored. However, this week has been a confirmation to me that I am not ready to go back to work. Going back to the beginning of this blog... I am doing nothing today and I like that freedom. And yes, I will be coaching the high school soccer team and that is work. Apparently, enough for me right now.
And finally, I began a new Bible Study on Esther. All I knew about Esther was from Veggie Tales. However, it has been very enlightening. The title is Esther: It's tough being a women. Amen to that!
A few pictures...
I love how the kids are both excited and scared!Katie-Anne is stubborn but cute. I have made it my mission for her to learn the alphabet, her name, and numbers by kindergarten. Every time we attempt, I feel, we have taken a step backwards. I have decided I will not PUSH but gently nudge her along. We have been doing silly thing like making up songs spelling her name to help her learn her name. (And what were we thinking giving her two names. Oh, yes... our mothers!) Finally, this morning we (I) had a break-through. We were watching a PBS show and she knew all the letters! She is so stubborn! And I love that about her! I need to learn not to push her rather encourage her. True for all children and, I suppose, all of humanity.
Evan is "Eban Romney" not Evan Garelick! So sweet and adorable. Silly, funny and a boy who would rather spend all his days playing "Atackle" with his complying daddy.
I had been toying with the idea of going back to work next year. With only Evan at home, I thought I would get bored. However, this week has been a confirmation to me that I am not ready to go back to work. Going back to the beginning of this blog... I am doing nothing today and I like that freedom. And yes, I will be coaching the high school soccer team and that is work. Apparently, enough for me right now.
And finally, I began a new Bible Study on Esther. All I knew about Esther was from Veggie Tales. However, it has been very enlightening. The title is Esther: It's tough being a women. Amen to that!
A few pictures...
Silly, silly Garelick kids
Finally, a loose tooth...
Gracie was a the dentist yesterday and she mentioned that Gracie has a tooth coming in behind her loose tooth. The dentist also told Gracie needs to lose the loose tooth. (Did that make any sense?) So tooth fairy, here we come... please pray for all involved. Gracie won't let anyone touch her loose tooth.

Until next time
Blessings,
Amy et al
Blessings,
Amy et al




No comments:
Post a Comment