After a crazy start to the school year, we decided to have a
FAMILY DAY.
What a gift today has been for the Garelick Gang.
FAMILY DAY.
What a gift today has been for the Garelick Gang.
We cleaned out closets, rearranged two bedrooms, organized the two car garage so that two cars can fit, got out fall decorations and decorated, played blocks and only left the house to take the trash to dumpsters.
The kids had a great time playing with each other no time limits (hurry up and get ready...) and I finally feel like I got some things off my to do list.
The weather has been changing, mornings have been crisp and the Suburban has been FREEZING! The kids have started asking for blankets on the morning ride to school. The play room has been nixed for the next 8 months or so. While Todd and I were clean up and clearing out, our precious children became the Garelick Crew Team with Gracie as the cox-girl. So cute we had to capture the moment!
Block Building Time
Katie-Anne's Blocks. She decided to make a race course. Little Miss Competitive!
We all had our own color blocks. Evan Red. Gracie Green and Yellow, Mom Blue and Katie-Anne all 300 wood ones. She traded in the Yellow for Wood.
Evan used the course!
Gracie's tower.
At the moment I can't recall what she was building but she wound up using some other colored blocks without much of a fight from her siblings.Evan's House.
It included a tractor and nice chimney.
It included a tractor and nice chimney.
You can't tell too much from this picture but with the kids helping we decorated the front porch. We have a life-size Scarecrow (those of you from the old 'hood may remember), lots of fall garland and a wreath that Nana made last year for us. The front window have leaves on them and a few pumpkins too.
I know that God blessed our Family Day by the wonderful rainbow He gave us as we were decorating the front porch.
Wonderful to have a day with limited fighting, lots of play and time together as a family. Truly, I don't think I could have asked for a better day.
Until Again!
Blessings,
Amy et al




No comments:
Post a Comment