Multiple trips into town (at least 2 a day... ouch gas prices) and lots of smiles. Gracie truly loved her first week. Her class has 26 students. Coming from Nob Hill (kindergarten school) which had 18 students, a teacher and a full time aide this is quite a change. Lots of kids and lots of noise. Thank goodness I get to visit the class, help out a bit and leave... we have enough chaos at our pad. Gracie was selected on Thursday to do the Pledge (with a few other children) for the school. And today was named a "Wee Warrior" and was able to go to the park with the other "Wee Warriors" and the principal. A highlight of the week for Gracie since she is all about recess.
Katie-Anne and Evan are still cracking us up! Last night they stayed up after 9PM (so late for our children) playing babies. And you can only imagine who the baby was... Evan. Katie-Anne was his momma. She even had him dressed up and he had a bottle. So darn funny. I don't know what Evan is going to do next year when Katie-Anne is at school. I suppose he will come into his own finally. No sisters telling him what to do, what to play, what to wear, or how to get into trouble. We will be lucky if he isn't too distraught by adulthood. Keep the prayers coming....
Tonight we had the new assistant principal over for dinner before the Football game tonight. He comes from El Paso and is used to very large schools and lots of issues. Needless to say, he is loving RHS. Great to hear that the high school isn't as bad off as people think or say.
Well, I am already counting down the months until summer. When school begins so do all of the activities for the high school. Oh the joys of the athletics, band, choir and drama. Seems like we have enough of all that here. More drama than anything else. I am finding my niche here in Ruidoso. And, surprisingly, find that I enjoy small town living. If only we had a mall and Target. But until then I will survive... and continue to beg my parents to stop by the mall to pick up a few things for us. (Thank You Mom and Dad!)
Blessings from Ruidoso
Amy et al



No comments:
Post a Comment