Saturday, August 9, 2008

August...


It is August, very hard to believe. We cannot believe it has been that long (two weeks) since our last posting. I will tell you that the flood waters receded. However, even today, I drove by an area out on Highway 70 toward Roswell and they still are digging out and trying to collect their belongings. Our high school Main Gym is a disaster. We lost our hard wood floor, and lots of uniforms  and other equipment. We keep getting big rains and keep finding huge holes or leaks. At times we feel like we are on the Titanic.

That is me throwing a life preserver to the basketball coach.
We also took a trip to Arizona. We just so happened to go on the hottest day of the year, 118 degrees. It was brutal. We did have a great time...but now I understand what they mean by "It's a dry heat."

Imagine this giant hair dryer pumping out 10,000 degree breezes...then you get the picture.
I am not really even sure what that thing is...I googled giant hairdryer and this thing showed up. I cannot even think of one good reason for that...I take that back, it is a great way for DCB, 8RW, and my other homies to tag. What better place to write your name than on some odd looking think out in the weeds.




The girls had cheer leading camp this week. They had a great time. They then did a pep rally - it was a great time they were awesome. Every night at dinner last week we heard..."Let's Go Warriors Let's Go" and "Front to Front to Front, now baby..." and that was just the quieter times. It was definitely a precursor of what could await. These are not our kids, and quite frankly we have no idea who they are or how they got on this blog...but it kind of demonstrates what I was talking about.

So, that is about it...now you know why it has been two weeks. No bears. Lots of deer. Things remain relatively calm. School is about to start. Almost college football season. Finally, almost Texas football season. Happy August, Have a Great Weekend, go USA.

No comments: