What more need be said? Great article...and next to the Rose Bowl, the best college game ever.
That brings us to the title of Fire...and H2O. I went to Bayard, NM. If you have not happened across Bayard, do it before 10 p.m. The town closes...quite literally, and you better have all you need before 10. I felt like War of the Worlds..."Um, where is everyone hiding?" Either that, or people in Bayard dress up like trees and sidewalks and are otherwise invisible from the human eye. Okay, so on the way to Bayard (a short 4 hour drive to the Copper Capital of New Mexico. I gave it that name as I am not sure they could have come up with that themselves) we stopped at Bowlins. If you have not taken I-10 across the desert southwest then you may not know Bowlins.
Here is Bowlins sign. (this is true...not making a political statement here)
So, I stopped and Bowlins and purchased some fireworks. I have always wanted to do that but just never made the big purchase. Finally, I stepped up and bought TNT (dynamite...la la la) and tonight, we set some of it off.
Of course, as we are doing this the Lincoln County Sheriff drove by..."um, it was her (he says, pointing as his loving wife).
who is running this ship?




No comments:
Post a Comment