Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thoughts on my heart

Our home page is MSNBC. As I look at it this evening here are the stories I am interested in:

Will it work? Watch the banks

The biggest bailout since the Depression is aimed not at relieving unemployment or reforming business, but at resuscitating markets debilitated by bad bets in housing. If it is working, interest rates will tell. Full story 

I find it so sad  I have to resort to Googling some of the terms in this article, which leads me to wikipediaCredit default swap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. And find half a page with mathematical equations on the Credit Default Swaps. 

The Monster That Ate Wall Street

How 'credit default swaps'—an insurance against bad loans—turned from a smart bet into a killer.

 

Rash of government warnings fails to deter effort to sue dairies

How in the world do we have the 2008 Olympics (just a month ago) in a country where the government is forcing independent lawyers who are only providing advice in a volunteer advice group. I feel so terribly for these families who thought they had safe formula for their babies. What a tragedy and now lawyers trying to help them are not able to do so because of their government! Wrong!


Somali pirate demands $20 million ransom

The cargo ship, hijacked Thursday, is loaded with Russian tanks

I said to Todd, the only pirates I thought were still around were in my house and at the movie theaters. Apparently, not! Wow! I feel like I am so out of the loop with current events. 


Newman’s own way of living, acting rang true

Actor generally shunned publicity — unless it could benefit his charities

Doc from CARS has passed on and I am so sad for his family. What a legend and honorable man. 


Finally, a few things from our life here in the mountains. 


Todd is going to ABQ tomorrow for a root canal. 

And all I can say is ROAD TRIP! 

TARGET! SAM'S CLUB! THE GAP! Civilization!  


Please be thinking of Todd and most importantly his dentist! 

Pray that Todd isn't too bad of a patient. FYI: He is terribly afraid of the dentist. 

I know he is in pain when: 

1. He is willing to make his own dentist appointment without asking for the phone number

2. He is willing to miss a day of work and not think twice about it

3. Finally, he is willing to drive close to 3 hours for an appointment


The wait is over! 

Desperate Housewives

Brothers and Sisters 


Blessings to all,


Amy et al


No comments: