Caller: Hi, is Todd there? This is Amy.
Bridget: No, Todd is in a meeting. Would you like him to call you when he gets out?
Caller: Well, I am trying to find my other shoe and wondering is Todd saw where the kids put it last night.
Bridget: Laughing......
Caller: When he gets out just have him call me if he knows where it is.
I know those of you with little ones can relate! We are trying to get out the door, late already and I can't find my shoe. And have attempted to search all "known" hiding spots. I resort to asking a 4 and almost 3 year old where the other flip-flop is hiding? Mind you, I have several pairs (too many) of flip-flops and my two little friends are bringing me all my shoes!
Announcing...
"Here it is, Mommy," "I found it..."
Finally, I remember that KA and E were playing under KA's bed last night and thought to look there. SUCCESS!
"Evan crawl under the bed and get mommy's shoe for her..."
Shoe on, late, and yelling
"Now hurry up and open the garage and load up..."
The afternoon play date....
The Tea Party is over. Last night we strongly encouraged the girls to invite (aka allow) Evan to join in the Tea Party. They thought it should be strictly "Girls Only." Monday night poor little Evie was not allowed to partake in the party, he was very, very sad. So last night he got an invite. But being a boy, he really wasn't into the whole "Tea Party" thing. He is more destruction at this point. Throwing the tea cups and plates... At least he was invited.
Moving from the Tea Party, Evan is having is first play date with Cohen (Katie's boyfriend/future husband whom she has already kissed). Coming from the bedroom I continue to hear... "I win!, You win!" Crash, bang, boom! All boy! A first in our house. Usually, Katie-Anne is around to soften the play. Today is so good for Evan. He gets to be all boy! No dolls, dress up, strollers.... only trucks, footballs, bikes/trikes ect. They both are having such a great time, that I actually have time to blog about the moment!
FYI: I didn't lose KA she also is playing with a friend at her house.
Coming from the bedroom:
"Underwear......!!!!!"
I am off to, surely, discover underwear covering the floor of Evan and KA's bedroom.
Happy Wednesday!
Blessings,
Amy et al



No comments:
Post a Comment